18 June 2020, Thursday
Registration and refreshments
In the world of new retail
Opening keynote: What is next for retail in Hong Kong?
2020 might consider as the most difficult year in the eyes of all retailers in Hong Kong as current social uncertainties continue to weaken consumption and reduce tourist arrivals. But one fact remains, the retail industry never stops evolving and now more than ever Hong Kong’s retail industry in innovating to stay alive. In this session, Ricky Wong will share his insights on:
- Hong Kong’s retail landscape in 2020.
- The idea of “new retail”.
- Keys to stay alive in the market.
Ricky Wong, Vice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Hong Kong Television Network
Panel discussion: New retail – trends, innovations and challenges
Retail industry is reinventing itself for a dynamic new world of retailing without boundaries: a seamless merger of offline, online and logistics. This session brings together top retailers to discuss the trends, innovations and challenges in the era of OMO—“Online Merge Offline.”
- What are the key trends and innovations in 2020?
- How retailers can truly embrace new retail?
- New challenges behind new retail.
Natalia Obolensky, General Manager, Asia Pacific, Charlotte Tilbury
Raymond Lam, General Manger, MaBelle International
Moderated by: Richie Yung, Chairman, The Asian General Chamber of New Retail
Adopt tech and adapt to changing consumers
Keynote presentation: The story of Tesla
When we think of Tesla, it is a strong symbol of innovation and sustainability. As a young brand, Tesla is a leading player in the global electric vehicle market and is one of the most globally recognisable car brands. In this session, Isabel will share with us:
- What makes Tesla unique in the market?
- Why Tesla believe in sustainability?
- Tesla’s approach to innovative retailing.
Isabel Fan, Regional Director, Hong Kong and Macau, Tesla
Case study: Shifting from traditional to smart retail
Chow Tai Fook, with 90 years of history, is undergoing a transformation with its long-standing commitment to innovation and smart retail. In this session, Surrey Pau will provide in-depth insights about:
- What “innovation” means to a traditional brand.
- How to implement an effective smart retail strategy.
- The challenges and outcomes.
Surrey Pau, Deputy General Manager, Executive Office of China Operation and Management Center, Chow Tai Fook
Presentation: The endless possibilities with data-driven retail marketing
Engagement is key to create meaningful and long-lasting customer-brand relationships. But in a competitive market, it’s not as easy as one could hope. That’s why this session focuses on how retail businesses can use customer data to create personalised experiences that make them return – time and time again.
- The current state of online retail.
- Customer journey: creating a loop of engagement.
- Build trust with personalisation – to retain customers.
- How marketing automation creates retention and builds loyalty?
Jakob Lunøe, Chief Commercial Officer, APSIS
A glimpse into the future
Panel discussion: The shopper of the future
Nearly every aspect of how people shop will transform in the coming years, and we are already seeing the beginning of some shopper trends. This session will help you understand the shopper today – and tomorrow.
- What are the key shopper trends in 2020?
- How retailers can keep pace with growing expectations from consumers?
- How to be ready for the shopper of the future?
Gloria Siu, Assistant General Manager, Leasing, K11 Concepts Limited
Cindy Chan, Market Director, KIND North Asia, Mars
Moderated by: Rick Boost, Editor, Marketing Magazine
Presentation: New retail supple chains
Craig Tuckerman, Regional Customer Director – Consumer and Retail, DHL Global Forwarding
Steps to extraordinary retail success
Case study: The Omnichannel customer journey of Decathlon
Many brands are implementing multichannel strategies, but connecting the dots between online and offline remains the sticking point. Retail sports giant Decathlon has achieved a seamless omnichannel customer journey with the use of technologies like cross-store inventory visibility and self-checkout. This session gives you an exclusive insight on:
- How Decathlon develops its omnichannel strategy.
- Tips for crafting a cohesive omnichannel customer journey.
- How to manage the customer journey.
Lisa Noraz, Marketing, Data, Digital, Tech & Transformation Leader, Decathlon
Closing keynote: New retail in China, more than just shopping
When we are talking about new retail, it is not a question of channels, but experience. In this session, Annemiek Ballesty will share with us:
- An overview of the retail market in China.
- How to map the customer journey across multiple touch points.
- How to localise your brand for the Chinese market.
Annemiek Ballesty Alsem, Senior Vice President, Commercial, Asia Pacific, Fossil Group